COVID-19 airport updates
COVID-19: Auckland is at Alert Level 3, while the rest of New Zealand is at Alert Level 2. Masks must be worn on all flights.
For general travel advice visit the government website.
Keep up-to-date with the latest airport information below.
At the airport
To protect yourself and others from COVID-19 we endorse Ministry of Health guidelines:
- Keep track of your journey using the NZ COVID Tracer App
- Maintain one metre distance between yourself and others
- You must wear a face covering on all flights. Wear for the entire journey and avoid touching it or your face. Dispose of your single-use mask in a bin, or wash your reusable one in hot water after each use
- Practice good hygiene. Regularly wash your hands with soap and then dry, or use hand sanitiser. Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Stay home if you are sick. If you’re feeling unwell, please don’t travel.
You’re not required to wear a mask in the airport terminal, but are welcome to do so. If you have a query about wearing a mask on your flight, please ask the airline staff as you check in.
You may see cleaners working around the airport terminal, cleaning and disinfecting areas which get a lot of use.
You will find hand sanitiser units near the toilet blocks.
For more general information about travel, visit the government website.
Retailers and eateries
In the terminal
Some eateries in the terminal are open, with tenants aware of and demonstrating health and safety requirements.
Trading hours may change from time to time, depending on flight schedules, but vending machines and water stations are always available. Please note the water stations are regularly cleaned in line with Ministry of Health guidelines.
Some retailers are also open, but operating hours may vary from day to day.
The following stores are now open:
- Donut Dispensary
- Burger King
- Underground Coffee
- Global Culture
- Explore - Simply New Zealand
- Sunglass Hut
- Number Eight
- The Official All Blacks Store
At Spitfire Square
Retailers, eateries and other tenants at Spitfire Square are open, with appropriate health and safety measures in place.
On the airport campus
McDonalds and KFC are open.
Pick-up and drop-off
The Loop remains open for free pick-ups and drop-offs in private vehicles (no parking).
The Orchard Road car park is also open and you can wait here for up to 30 minutes free before picking someone up from The Loop.
Click here to book parking online.
Craddocks is closed.
Taxis, rideshare and car share
Rental car companies are operating. Check directly with the operator for more information.
For information about public bus services please visit the Metro website.
Please talk to your accommodation provider for more information.