Terms and conditions
Flight Information Disclaimer
The flight information displayed on this website is the same as that displayed on the public monitors within the terminal building.
The website flight information pages are updated every ten minutes and show approximately 24 hours of flight information.
Christchurch International Airport Limited displays this flight information as a service to travellers. Flight information is provided by the airlines' Departure Control Systems (DCS). Christchurch International Airport Limited does not guarantee the accuracy of the data presented. For confirmation of flight information, please contact the airline involved.
Parking Terms and Conditions
View the parking terms and conditions here.
Competition and Giveaway Terms and Conditions
View the competition and giveaway terms and conditions here.
Ground Transportation Discipline System
View the Ground Transportation Discipline System here.
View the Schedule of Standard Aeronautical Charges at Christchurch Airport here.
Please direct all enquiries to:
Christchurch International Airport Limited
Level 4, Express Park Building, 30 Durey Road, Christchurch 8053, New Zealand
PO Box 14001, Christchurch Airport, Christchurch 8544, New Zealand
Phone: +64 3 353 7777
What information do we collect?
Data collected from your general interactions with us
The personal data we may collect includes your:
- name, contact details, date of birth, flight and booking details, passport details, driver licence number, credit card details;
- location and movements in public areas of the airport and its close surroundings, (via CCTV footage);
- vehicle licence plate number;
- conversations with our staff, agents or other persons, which may be recorded;
- email communications, and your written and verbal interactions with us or our agents;
- number of visits to the airport;
- image (via photograph, CCTV or film) as you move around our property;
- travel destination or preferred destinations;
- use of our social media platforms; and
- preferences concerning types of products or services.
Data collected when you use our websites and apps
When you visit or use our websites or apps, we collect data (including the IP address, IMEI and phone number of your machine or device, the operating system and the browser your machine or device uses, your browser's general wifi location, the date and time you are visiting and the pages you view and your preferred travel destinations).
Data regarding your usage of our websites and our apps is collected to help us improve and offer the services you need each time you visit and to improve our services generally. We may also use this data to improve our advertising and marketing of related products and services.
How do we collect your information?
- by recording conversations you have with our staff, agents or others persons on our property;
- though the recording of your image on CCTV footage in and around our airport;
- when you submit an application for employment or contracting opportunities with us;
- when you subscribe to any Christchurch Airport newsletters, participate in surveys, competitions or promotions;
- by filming, or taking photographs, of you on or around our property (which may be used in our marketing materials);
- when you access any of our retail systems;
- when you log into our wifi; and
- where you have authorised this;
- a publicly available source;
- a government department, body, or law enforcement agency (in relation to security matters);
- an airline or retail outlet;
- a service provider; or
- third party providers of cookies and other online tracking systems.
What we use your information for and the legal basis for doing so
We must have a legal basis to process your personal data. In most cases, the legal basis will be one of the following:
- to allow us to take actions that are necessary in order to assist or provide you with a product / service / issue (eg performance of a contract), for example, to make and receive payments or help you solve an issue you have;
- where we have your consent to do so;
- to meet our legitimate interests where these are not overridden by your rights, for example to understand how customers are using our facilities and services or to develop new services, as well as improve the services we currently provide;
- to allow us to comply with our legal obligations, for example obtaining proof of identity to enable us to meet our anti-money laundering and countering financing terrorism obligations; or
- in the case of special categories of personal data, that it is in the substantial public interest.
- for safety and security purposes;
- for operational purposes;
- to process your transactions and administer your account;
- to help us develop, market, improve, manage, administer and facilitate our services and operations and those of our business partners;
- for internal purposes (such as risk management, staff training and billing);
- as part of the investigation and analysis of incidents;
- to contract with authorised individuals;
- for us or our commercial partners to notify you of services, special offers, opportunities, products or benefits which are being offered by Christchurch Airport or any of our commercial partners or associated organisations;
- for security purposes and to improve our, or our commercial partners', services by using monitoring and tracking technologies in relation to our online services and properties; or
- to conduct market research and to promote and market our, or our commercial partners', products and services.
By providing your email address and/or mobile phone number, you consent to us sending you information connected with the above collection and use purposes via email or text message. We may also send you newsletters or other information we think you may be interested in and which may market and promote our products and services, or the products and services of others. The messages you receive from us will have instructions for how you can remove yourself from our mailing list.
If you are using one of our apps, we may send you "Push Notifications", and you agree to receive notifications from us even if your App is not running. You can change your push notification settings within your device or via the App itself.
Some uses of your personal data may involve the transfer of that data outside New Zealand, to be held and used by our related companies and commercial partners.
Who will we share your information with?
Personal data held by Christchurch Airport will be accessible by Christchurch Airport staff or advisors where it is necessary for that staff member or advisor to carry out their duties.
We may also use payment services provided by third parties as necessary to provide you with our products and services.
We will not disclose your personal data to other people or agencies except where:
- you have authorised such disclosure;
- disclosure is required by or to our contractors or business partners (for the purposes of the products / services they provide), so that we can assist you with a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a product / service that you have requested;
- disclosure is to a law enforcement agency that is entitled to such information under its statutory powers;
- we are required to provide the information by law;
- disclosure is required for safety and security or data assurance purposes;
- disclosure was the purpose of collecting the data;
- disclosure is necessary following a transfer of our rights and duties;
- disclosure is necessary to market, review or improve our services, operations or facilities or those of our business partners;
- disclosure is necessary for third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you and to optimise the advertisements on our websites; or
- it is necessary for a function of Christchurch Airport, such as for operational, legal or auditing purposes.
We may share your personal data with the following organisations in a manner consistent with the use and disclosure purposes listed above:
- our contractors (for the purposes of the services they provide);
- law enforcement agencies;
- our authorised business partners and related third parties;
- those entities involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service;
- organisations we sponsor and loyalty program partners, including organisations that we have an arrangement with to jointly offer products;
- service providers that maintain, review and develop our business systems, procedures and technology infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer systems;
- payment system organisations;
- organisations that assist with our product planning, analytics, research and development;
- organisations involved in a transfer of our assets or business;
- mailing houses and media organisations who assist us to communicate with you, including media or social networking sites; or
- other organisations involved in our normal business practices, including our agents and contractors, as well as our accountants, auditors, lawyers or other external advisors.
If your personal data is transferred to a third party in a non-approved country, we will ensure that suitable safeguards are put in place to ensure your personal information and rights are protected.
How do we protect your information and how long will we keep it for?
Christchurch Airport implements and maintains security measures that are designed to provide reasonable protection against the loss, interference or misuse of your personal data and to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal data.
Communications over the internet, such as emails or data transmissions, are not secure, unless they have been encrypted. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Christchurch Airport cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via email or customer response form. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. We may allow third parties to monitor our network for security and data assurance purposes.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter, or re-supply, your personal information to us. At times, we may need to retain your information for a longer period where we need the information to comply with regulatory or legal requirements or where we may need it for our legitimate purposes. If we do not need to retain information for this period of time, we may destroy, delete or anonymise it more promptly.
What if you do not provide us with your information?
You can choose not to give us your personal data. However, if you do not provide your information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the product or service you want;
- respond to your requests;
- manage or administer your product or service;
- personalise your experience with us; or
- verify your identity or protect against fraud.
Your rights and contacting us
You have certain rights regarding your personal data. These include the following rights to:
- request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- request that we supply you (or a nominated third party) with an electronic copy of the personal data that you have provided us with;
- inform us of a correction to your personal data;
- exercise your right to restrict our use of your personal data;
- exercise your right to erase your personal data;
- withdraw consent at any time for the processing of your personal data;
- object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; or
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Your ability to exercise these rights will depend on a number of factors and, in some instances, we will not be able to comply with your request, for example, because we have legitimate grounds for not doing so or where the right does not apply to the particular data we hold about you. If you would like more information on these rights, wish to exercise them or have questions about your information, please contact the Privacy Officer in the first instance by emailing the Privacy Officer at email@example.com, marking the subject heading of your email "For the attention of the Privacy Officer".
If you would like to make a complaint or learn more about your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) or any other supervisory authority.
CCTV recording request
Christchurch Airport permits access to our CCTV recordings in very limited circumstances and only related to the purposes for which the recordings are collected or otherwise in compliance with the Privacy Act 2020. If you believe you need to access recordings from our CCTV cameras, you'll need to follow the 'release of recordings' process. Please note that recordings are only stored for 28 days.
The requestor will need to complete and sign a CCTV “Request for Release of Information” form. Please contact Christchurch Airport at: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the form. All requests for CCTV footage will be dealt with strictly in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 2020, noting that such footage is collected for Christchurch International Airport Limited’s safety, security and operational purposes. CCTV footage release requests may be denied where they do not meet the requirements of the Privacy Act 2020.
Date of last revision 14 March 2022
Christchurch Airport Website Legal Notice
INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
While every effort has been made to provide the most accurate information we advise that information on this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Christchurch Airport may at any time and without notice make improvements and/or changes to the products and/or the programs described in this information and its website.
Christchurch Airport makes no representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through its website. Those websites are independent from Christchurch Airport and Christchurch Airport has no control over their content and does not endorse or accept responsibility for any content on those websites. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies and website legal notices of those parties.
IN NO EVENT WILL CHRISTCHURCH AIRPORT BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY LOSS AT ALL SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE.
Reporting or prevention of cyber-crime?
If you wish to report cyber-crime relating to Christchurch Airport, please email email@example.com
Reporting a security problem with this website?
If you wish to report issues relating to this website please email firstname.lastname@example.org
©Copyright Christchurch International Airport Limited 2022. All rights reserved.